Wednesday, December 7, 2016

At the Witch's Castle

The White Witch's Castle is not a place anyone visits willingly. No, it is the very seat of evil in Narnia and somewhere only the vilest of our country will go to.  So, everything I knew of the castle was merely myth and legend. 

I am sorry to say that the legends are completely true.  The castle itself is made of ice -- tall turrets of sheer ice.  Inside, from the very gate, clear up to the witch's throne, is the most wicked -- most horrid -- part of the entire castle.  My countrymen, my compatriots, all those who dared to share their displeasure of the witch's regime, were all turned to stone.  Statues, but statues made of actual people.  Some of them were my friends.  If I wasn't so scared I would have been weeping.  Because I knew that it wouldn't be long before I became one of them myself. 

My only hope at this point is that Lucy was able to bring her siblings with her to Narnia.  Surely, with two Sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve, the prophecies will begin to come true.  It won't be long before the White Witch is defeated and Aslan will reign supreme again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment