Thursday, December 15, 2016

The End of the Witch's Magic

I don't know if you've ever been a statue before, but I must say it's a fairly odd experience. While I was a solid stone statue of myself to the casual observer, I was more of a tortured mostly conscious version of myself in reality.  I could see, feel, and think.  I just couldn't move... and that is a very uncomfortable feeling.

I only tell you this so you understand how I could observe a few strange events while in this state.

I already told you about when Edmund came to the castle.  I was rather certain that he was the one who told on me to begin with, bringing about my captivity.  He arrival proved that to me and that he was a traitor.  What I didn't expect was to see him leaving with the Witch so soon after returning.  And I think he finally realized her tyranny because he was not in a place of prominence on her sledge.  No, he was sitting at her feet and looking quite miserable.  Forgive me, but I didn't feel bad for him one little bit. 

Not long after they left, something else strange happened.  The snow on the people (I refuse to call them statues!) in front of me started to melt.  In fact, I felt my snow melting too.  This wasn't just a small winter thaw of an inch or two.  No, it was all melting!  First, the snow was replaced by slush, followed by mud.  Not hours after my first observation of the melt, I saw grass for the first time in my life!  Oh, if only I wasn't stone! I would love to put my hoofs in that sweet and lovely thick green grass! 

This can only mean one thing.  The Witch's magic is losing grip on Narnia!  I can only guess that Aslan has come and this will all be over soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment