Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Defeat of the Queen!

While it's true I could detect gloom, I could also detect utter joy.  The dawn of the next day was the exact opposite of the previous evening.  While the sun set with impending doom, the sun rose with a sense of such inexplicable happiness I could not barely contain my excitement.

In time, I could hear cheers and shouts from within the castle.  I had not been enslaved here for long, but long enough to know that sounds like this never happen in the Witch's home.  But then, I saw my compatriots dancing and me!  Such color and glee! I cannot describe it!  

Then, Lucy... my friend LUCY!... appeared before me.  And she started to call for Aslan of all people.

Aslan came to me, looked me in the eye and breathed on me.  And I came to life again!  Not a stone likeness of myself but really alive.  Able to jump and dance and shout and sing once again! 

After a lot of celebration, Aslan started to prepare us for our journey.  We ran as fast as we could to the battle scene and arrived in time to see Peter defeat the Witch.

Peter DEFEATED the Witch! Just like that, the war was over.  Narnia was free again!

And to think that I was there to see the end of the reign of terror. It's too good to imagine. Praise Aslan who gave himself so others could live. 


No comments:

Post a Comment