Monday, December 5, 2016

My Arrest

I thought I was free and clear, that I was safe from the White Witch.  If Lucy had only come once, I think I would have been safe, but that second visit was what did me in.  One day, I was sitting in my cave enjoying an evening in front of the fire.  

Then, my world came crashing down.

The soldiers -- so many soldiers -- came crashing into my beautiful cave.  Two of them held me down in my chair while the others went around smashing everything of value.  Break this, slash that. Throwing my belonging across the room.  I tried to protest, but a big strong paw clamped over my mouth.  I wasn't even allowed to yell for help.  

Then, they tied me up and dragged me out of the cave.  They showed me a notice they were nailing to the cave wall. I was being arrested for helping and fraternizing with humans.  I had been found out.  The spies finally told on me.

Then came the horrid journey to the witch's castle.  Dragging, laughing, kicking, beating. I was in a miserable way when I arrived at the castle.  I dare not tell you the terrible things that happened there. Maybe in my next post.  

I just hope that Lucy is safe and never comes back to Narnia! 


No comments:

Post a Comment